Microsoft extended support for Windows XP ends on April 8, 2014. After this date, Microsoft will not release any security patches or updates for Windows XP. This will effectively make Windows XP non-compliant with HIPAA / HITECH after Microsoft support ends.
Windows XP was released August 24, 2001 and has been widely deployed in homes and corporate environments alike.
In an ideal world your systems would already be off XP or you would be well into a migration effort. However, some of us have inherited this problem and must find a solution that not only addresses this problem, but also does so in a cost effective manner. Ideally, you will even have the opportunity to make technical improvements in your infrastructure, enhance security and manageability of your systems, and provide your clinical staff with a more efficient computing environment.
Getting your vendors involved is very important at this stage. You will want to find out about how to move to newer versions of their software which are compatible with Windows 7 or beyond. If you have current maintenance you may just need to download their newest software and apply your testing process. If you are not in maintenance, you may face pricey upgrades to move to their new platform.
Now is the time to take action. Size up your vendor support for upgrading to a newer OS, get an inventory of your impacted devices, and evaluate how you will update your endpoints. Moving to a newer operating system will help you provide a more secure environment in your facility and ensure compliance with HIPAA / HITECH.
Have you already switched from Windows XP? What did you switch to? Let us here at 4pm know.
Having Acquaint around is like having an extra pair of hands in the office!
Hint…Click on the hands for Demo! Call 01 525 2177 for more details!
If you feel it’s time to invest in a CRM system or maybe your current CRM system just isn’t up to scratch then let’s talk about why Acquaint will be a good option for you and your company. Acquaint is continuously evolving with the times and what the customer is looking for. The most recent updates of Acquaint include:
- The ability to work in square foot and square meter units which are automatically converted by the software
- An online version of Acquaint is now available, Acquaint Anywhere. This gives you the ability to access all the information you have on acquaint when on the go.
- Acquaint is fully compliant with the BER Advertising Guidelines.
- Acquaint is also fully compliant with the property regulator therefore all information and records are stored centrally for a minimum of 6 years and all your operations are transparent.
- T.A.P.I integration involves the pulling up of all clients’ information when they call the office. Therefore everything you may need to know about the client will be right there in front of you
These updates were requested by clients and adhered to. Therefore when you choose Acquaint you can expect excellent levels of customer service as your requests will always be heard, loud and clear! We value the customer’s opinion and will do everything we can to make sure that everything runs smoothly and that the software does exactly what it says on the tin!
A successful CRM system makes life easier for YOU.
You may be a small business and think you can handle all your customers and sales leads. But let’s face it we can’t always keep on top of everything. Although things are tight at the minute if you find yourself answering yes to any of these questions then maybe it’s time to bow down and invest in a CRM system.
- Do you use multiple methods to communicate with your customers?
- Do your customer’s demographics vary?
- Do you want to be able to target specific customers and personalize their message?
- Do you want your sales pipeline to be a lot more visible?
- Have you found yourself or one of your team has called the same person twice with the same pitch?(F.Y.I Customers DO NOT like this!)
- Are you becoming fed up generating those time consuming reports? Zzzzzzzz
- Are you struggling to identify the marketing and sales trends within your company? (If so you may be missing opportunities!)
Setting up a CRM system can sometimes be costly so don’t panic. Why not try work out a financial plan for your business that works best for you. With Acquaint we can spread the cost of your CRM system over a period of months. And once your CRM System is in place prepare for…