The new Microsoft Office package has some pretty handy new improvements.
4pm has picked the main improvements that we feel will benefit you the most:
New features in word:
- With the new Online Video button you can insert video clips.
- A right click on a specific word enables users to look up its definition in a dictionary or get help with the pronunciation.
- Reply to comments or mark them as ‘done’.
- We waited so long for this option, now it is finally posible – the ability to edit a PDF with Word 2013.
What’s new in Excel:
- Shortcut letters will become visible if you click ALT. In order to activate this option you only need to tab the relevant key.
- With the brush icon it is possible to preview changes to style and colour of a chart without actually changing something.
- By pressing the ‘Recommended Charts’ button Excel will give you a variety of charts which suit best to your data.
- Get the number of cells and the sum of all values or the average value by choosing a specific range of cells.
- Zoom into certain parts of your slide.
- You now have the option to add background music.
- Use the Eyedropper tool to choose a color up from other slides in the presentation.
- The filter option enables you to filter all messages for example by sender, date, by those with attachments.
- Restore the To-Do bar option which is hidden under the View tab.
- Link together all your contacts from Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or other other Social Media networks.
Here at 4pm we think the new Microsoft Office is definetely worht the investement as the new features bring a lot of improvements.
Have a nice weekend!